The aimless musings of a guys whose bright ideas evaporate when commited to paper. Things that rattle around in my head include, life, politics, things Korean and of course variety meats.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Well, this may not turn out to be a genius idea after all. Yesterday I went to 영풍 bookstore, a second home to me during previous stays here. There I inevitably bought some books and discovered why progress is bad. I bought an electronic dictionary last year and I've been generally happy with it (the 옥편 is weak, no etymology) I saw that a new model, with tons of new features and, most notably, expandable memory is available for W15,000(a medium priced meal, or three at the places where I eat) more than I paid for mine. I think the industry should intentionally limit innovation in order to promote sales. Otherwise, buyers are going to realize that anything they buy is already obsolete and wait interminably for the 'best' deal.
(The previous post is made in blatant disregard of both economics and human nature.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home