The aimless musings of a guys whose bright ideas evaporate when commited to paper. Things that rattle around in my head include, life, politics, things Korean and of course variety meats.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Well, this weekend was summer camp. For me, at least, it's the highlight of the yearly schedule.
This is how we got there
Lovely, isn't it?
A few hours into our journey, we began to detect a strange odor. Soon afterward we noticed some smoke asnd a dark liquid. Our fears that it was burning engine ould were calmed when we were told that it was only the radiator. Very reassuring. Despite the excitement, we arrived unharmed. Camp is supposed to be an educational experience, a fact that is generally ignored by both students and teachers. The students spend most of their time chattering away in Korean while a substatial fraction of the teachers (myself included) use it as a way to catch up with old acquaintances.
A group of students from Sadang singing. Really good stuff.
I am very disappointed in myself. On Saturday I caught a cold/flu which has left me weak and woozy. Saturday I spent most of the day in bed, worse yet I spent the night in bed as well. It is something of a tradition at retreat that sleeping should be kept to a minimum on the final night of camp. The next morning I was told that my friends had been looking for me to play Mafia. It was like a knife in my heart (well, it was actually more of a mild discomfort but this is my blog and I can take liberties with the truth if I want to).

2 Comments:

Blogger iceberg273 said...

I hope your heart feels better soon.

There are people twirling flags outside my window.

7/26/2005 3:14 PM

 
Blogger iceberg273 said...

They've stopped now.

8/17/2005 5:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home