The aimless musings of a guys whose bright ideas evaporate when commited to paper. Things that rattle around in my head include, life, politics, things Korean and of course variety meats.

Friday, December 22, 2006

One semester down

I have come to the end of a semester. It's been really informative to see what politicians actually do. As I mentioned before, mostly not politics. Constituent relations, like a lot of what politicians do, has a double purpose: it really is about serving the people who put you in office but it would take a better prevaricating than I to suggest that it doesn't help pols keep their jobs.
Although I'm only required to take one semester of internship, I'll be staying for one more. The fact that our caucus has taken control (and there, I've revealed my party affiliation) certainly affected my decision. I'm actually a lot more interested in policy than in constituent work (heresy!) so I'm hoping that I'll get a tiny little chance (I am still just an intern, after all) to deal with legislation and the like.
In honor of Christmas:
My apartment is slightly more furnished, it now features a couch (which serves as a bed as well) and a table. The public library is between my workplace and my apartment. There's a and affordable Korean restaurant in East Lansing. I passed my classes this past semester and I'm taking a course in GIS next term. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home